Join the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation for a meeting to seek the public’s input for 3 projects focusing on the improvement of access and activation to the Buffalo Outer Harbor. The meeting will take place Wednesday July 11 from 5-7 pm at Canalside’s VIP tent- located at the corner of Main and Perry Streets (across from Harborcenter).
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend the Open House to learn more about the following projects:
1. Northern Site: First Buffalo River Marina
• 15 acres
• Enhance Public Access
• Maintain 115-slip marina
• Enhance Queen City Bike Ferry access
• Identify potential adaptive reuses of the Connecting Terminal grain elevator
• Consider long term development potential
2. Central Site: Wilkeson Pointe to Bell Slip
• 124 acres
• Includes Michigan Pier and Wilkeson Pointe Pier
• Includes Slips 2 and 3 and Bell Slip
• Consider improvements that will enhance access and visitor experience
• Discuss natural community habitats
3. Southern Site: Terminal B
• 15 acres
• Approximately 96,000 square foot one story building
• Program Study for metal Frame Building’
• Identify uses most appropriate for the site
• Proximate to Exterior Events lawn, currently under construction
The purpose of the meeting is to engage the public and stakeholders in program development. Attendees will be provided project background by the consultant team to help inform opportunities and constraints. You are encouraged to give your perspective by providing comments at one of the project stations located at the Open House, filling out a comment card and/or participating in the survey in person or online.
Open House set as follows:
Wednesday, July 11, 5:00 – 7: p.m., VIP Tent, Canalside Buffalo, NY 14203.